- You can’t beat a store with a ferris wheel! Kids three feet and taller can ride, and kids under four feet must be accompanied by an adult.
- Find the train table in the toy section, which is up the escalator and to the left. You might warn your kids there will be toys everywhere that you won’t necessarily be purchasing.
- We’re big fans of the 2-lane bowling alley. The lanes are large enough for kids to feel like they’re actually bowling, but small enough that preschoolers can hoist the ball down the lane by themselves. Find it beside the toy area on the second story.
- The two-story climbing structure is a hit. To find it, head straight back to the kids’ shoe section on the first floor once you enter the store. The structure includes a lower level for ages three and under and an upper level for ages four to 12. Rules require climbers to wear socks but not shoes.
- For older kids, there’s a toy shooting rage, but we haven’t tried it yet. It costs $1.00 to play.
Tot Spot Tips
- You can grab lunch right there in the store. The cafe is open 11:00 am to 7:30 pm. Order at the counter, and they deliver the food to your table. We ate at 11:00 on a Saturday and didn’t have to wait in line. The kids’ menu consists of the following items, each $4: chicken strips, pizza, corn dogs, quesadilla, mac and cheese, and hot dog.
- Bring a dollar bill for five frames of bowling. The cash machine near the bowling allies was broken recently, but you can make change at the bottom of the escalator.
- A stroller would work well in Scheels. To find the elevator, turn right upon entering the store, head for the men’s shoe department, and look for the “elevator” sign.
- As soon as you enter the store, you’ll see an impressive floor-to-ceiling fish tank. To curb the disappointment that we’re going to leave, I always remind the kids, “Remember we get to see the fish tank on our way out!” Works like a charm.
- Scheels sells anything and everything related to outdoor activities and athletics. I especially like their K-State fan gear.
All ages welcome.
Monday – Saturday: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Bowling: five frames for $1.00
Ferris wheel: $1.00 per person
Shooting range: $1.00 per person
All other attractions are free.
Ample free parking.
Please check the event’s website for most current information before you pack up the kids.