- Downtown Dazzle offers an easy, festive way to travel through downtown Kansas City during the holiday season in five free trolleys sponsored by Google Fiber.
- Trolleys stop at four locations: Power and Light District, Marriott Downtown, Crown Center, and Union Station.
- At each stop, experience holiday fun in the form of performances, delicious treats, and a human snow globe photo station. Each night’s offerings vary, but in general, here’s what you can expect.
- Union Station: Stunning Christmas decorations and photo ops.
- Marriot: Iconic wall of exterior lights outside, and chocolate bar inside.
- Power & Light District: Free photos with Santa, free hot chocolate, Elf the movie, live reindeer, and toasting your own s’mores for $5 (reindeer and s’mores unavailable December 18 and 19).
- Crown Center: Ice skating, live performances (Quixotic is a personal favorite), gingerbread station, and, of course, the beautiful major’s Christmas tree and surrounding decorations.
- Download the Downtown Dazzle app to help plan your itinerary.
Tot Spot Tips
- Trollies are heated, comfortable, and seat two people per seat. There’s room for a stroller in the back of the trolley, though I chose not to take one. Our boys rode on our laps, and I didn’t notice seatbelts for carseat installation.
- Enthusiastic tour guides help make the journey entertaining and informative.
- Trollies are decorated for Christmas, which the kids love. Christmas lights on the trollies make them easy to spot.
- It took us about an hour and half to visit and enjoy all four spots. We had little ones’ bedtime to consider. A date night or girls night out could linger much longer.
- Once the KC Streetcar is up and running, it will become part of the Downtown Dazzle loop.
All ages welcome.
December 4-5, 11-12 and 18-19, 2015
6:00 pm – 10:00 pm on Friday evenings and 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm on Saturday evenings
Hop on a trolley at any of four locations: Union Station, Crown Center, Marriott, and Power and Light District. Full map here.
(816) 221-5242 (Visit KC)
Parking garages scattered downtown. We like the garage off Grand, just south of Sea Life.
Please check the event’s website for most current information before you pack up the kids.