Blue Valley School District Playgroup
Playgroup is available to all children enrolled in the Blue Valley Parents as Teachers program. Visit their website to enroll. It’s a wonderful program with weekend activities, evening classes, development screenings, and more. Consider joining the PTA as well for additional activities.
- The room’s theme (farm, things that go, colors, etc.) changes monthly. Each theme comes with fresh new activities.
- The sensory table is always a hot spot.
- Plenty of climbing equipment is available for gross motor skills.
- Enjoy tons of pretend play including a kitchen, tools, dress up clothes, and doctor equipment, to name a few.
- Kids love the teacher-led song and story time during the last 10-15 minutes each session.
Tot Spot Tip
- Upon arrival, sign in and make a name tag for you and your child. Wait in the lobby, and a teacher will ring a bell to begin playgroup. Follow the others up the stairs or elevator to the playroom on the second floor. If you’re late, no big deal. The receptionist will guide you.
- The Parents As Teachers educators are professional and wonderful. Feel free to ask questions. They’re trained to help with issues we all face: sleep, food, discipline, development, and so on.
- We sometimes check out a backpack of themed books from their library. Ask a staff member to become part of the library system.
- Be sure to enjoy the outdoor playground before or after playgroup. A small section is open to the public during the week, and the whole playground is open on weekends.
- Due to limited space, we prefer to go stroller-less to this event. They ask that you leave carseats outside the playroom door and opt for a baby carrier instead. Carriers are available if you need one.
- Snacks for purchase in the lobby.
Birth – 36 months
Wednesday: 9:00-9:50 am and 10:10-11:00 am
Thursday: 9:00-9:50 am and 10:10-11:00 am
One Saturday per month. See the calendar for more details.
Closed in the summer.
Free. Must be a Blue Valley School District Parents as Teachers member to attend.
Ample free parking. Park near the entrance with “Hilltop Learning Center” above the door.
Please check the event’s website for most current information before you pack up the kids.